- Coaching services include global online coaching for endurance athletes and busy business people, personal and group training at Hillseeker CrossFit, Event Preparation consultation, Pose Method Efficient Running Technique courses & weekly running classes.
- Reviews are available on the Client Reviews page.
- With our training grounds as the Swiss Alps, we have firsthand experience coaching athletes to perform in races and adventures in mountainous terrain. This is our passion.
- February 2013 Update: Our Online Coaching service (1 to 1) is currently at maximum capacity. Please email us to request a spot on the waiting list for 2013. In addition, starting in mid 2013, several group online coaching products will be offered, including general fitness, hill training and core strength and conditioning for endurance athletes. Please email if you'd like to be updated when these new products are released.
Global Virtual Coaching (Online)
A special focus of our coaching efforts is to provide a high quality 1-to-1 coaching experience to a limited number of athletes located anywhere in the world. We look for enthusiastic athletes to work with -- a positive attitude is the key ingredient for a great fit.
For online coaching, we use a sophisticated web-based program, TrainingPeaks. Your training will be planned by the day, tied to your overall goals, desired races and other committments. After we've been in touch to determine if there is a fit and availability in the program, the online coaching process starts with the athlete completing a survey that covers a wide range of topics, from goals to sources of motivation, potential challenges, etc. The more we can learn about an athlete's unique situation, the better we can help. That said, online sports coaching often crosses over into life coaching as the line between sport, fitness and day-to-day life and the associated goals and challenges is far from distinct. This is not a copy-and-paste, one-size-fits-all service. There are many of those on the market and they are much cheaper than the service we offer. This service includes a customized training plan as well as access to a passionate coach who will be there for you, as your advocate, cheerleader, trainer, etc. through both the good and bad times of endurance athlete life. Our 1-to-1 online coaching service is for athletes desiring a high quality, customized plan and focused time from a highly experienced coach who will be very much dialed in to a client's unique situation and needs. I have significant experience coaching individuals through a variety of races, from their first sprint triathlons up to ultra endurance events, such as the weeklong Marathon des Sables, the Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc and many Ironman Triathlons.
The 1-to-1 Online Coaching service is 400 CHF per month + a 150 CHF start-up fee for development of the high level plan, assessment review, etc.
Directly from Coach Jeff Grant:
"I wake up each day excited to help my clients and athletes improve themselves and get more out of life! I'm passionate about fitness and endurance sports, both in getting out there myself and in helping others reach their goals. I've experienced the joys, fulfillment and lessons learned of 17 years of endurance sport in finishing five Ironmans, including Ironman Hawaii and the Inferno in Switzerland's Berner Oberland. I've also had the thrill of finishing two of the toughest ultramarathons in the world, the week-long Marathon des Sables in Morocco and the 166KM Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc. Endurance sport and fitness are cornerstones in my life and have made a huge difference in my fulfilment, health and enjoyment. My aim in coaching is to open the same doors for others."
I know what it's like to train both well and poorly and to see the effects of this training quality continuum in competition as well as in general adventure and daily life. I've been fortunate enough to have had some great coaches and mentors along the way and they have helped me learn to maximize training time while avoiding burnout and injury. I've incorporated the best lessons from all of my mentors over the years and combined it with my own experience, ideas and passion to develop a unique coaching approach, the Hillseeker® Fitness way. Our programming includes both traditional and non-traditional sport-specific training, a mix of CrossFit-style and primal-type outdoor workouts, a major emphasis on core conditioning, high intensity interval training and activities that will remind you of playing in the school yard as a kid. I also incorporate Yoga and mental strength training. The objective is to reach maximal gains with minimal time commitments to allow you to balance life, work and your own needs.
Endurance & Running Coaching in Zürich
Coached running sessions are offered every Wednesday evening at 19h at Saalsporthalle in the summer and the Sihlhölzli Track in the winter. These sessions are open to anyone. More info here.
Personal & Group Training & Efficienct Running (Pose Method) Clinics: Switzerland
If you are located in or near Zurich or planning to visit Switzerland, please contact me for personal training (including CrossFit), Pose Method Running Technique courses, guided trail runs in the Alps, or opportunities for clinics, talks, and special courses. Please see the Hillseeker CrossFit page for more information on our training center.
Our coaching approach
- Targeted and very much customized to our client's goals and desires.
- Passionate, adventurous and fun. We introduce a lot of variety into the training program and strive to give our clients workouts that not only are what is needed to reach their fitness goals, but that are fun to look forward to and do.
- Feedback-driven. We've got multiple channels to receive and share feedback and we'll help/adjust accordingly."